Neal Forum
the IFRC has launched

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Neal Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-05-2018 04:08:52    Onderwerp: the IFRC has launched Reageren met citaat
Barry Manilow Photo: IC
Chart-topping singer Barry Manilow came out of the closet Wednesday at age 73 adidas superstar uomo scontate , saying he kept silent on his nearly four-decade relationship with a man to avoid disappointing fans.

Manilow, best known for his love ballad "Mandy" and Latin-tinged pop number "Copacabana (at the Copa)," confirmed his sexuality two years after gossip media discovered his marriage to his manager Garry Kief.

"I thought I would be disappointing them if they knew I was gay. So I never did anything," Manilow said in an interview with People magazine.

After the interview was published Manilow was busy on Twitter rejoicing in the reaction, writing: "I am grateful to have wonderful fans supporting me."

Manilow at the height of his career had a devoted and largely female fan base, for whom his sexuality gradually became an open secret.

The Brooklyn native was briefly married to a woman he dated in high school adidas superstar w scontate , although he said in the interview that the relationship failed because he was too young to settle down, not because of his questions about his sexuality.

He said he met Kief, then a television executive, in 1978 and "I knew that this was it."

"I was one of the lucky ones. I was pretty lonely before that," Manilow said.

Manilow achieved his greatest fame in the 1970s, years before pop stars were comfortable in being openly gay.

Manilow in recent years has become a leading attraction in Las Vegas where he has had several running shows.

Later this month he releases his latest album - This Is My Town.

DHAKA adidas superstar rosa scontate , Aug. 30 (Xinhua) -- Boats are now the only lifeline forhundreds of people living on a remote island on Jamuna, one of thethree major rivers in Bangladesh.

Beribari Island in Bangladesh's northern Sirajganj district,some 134 km northwest of Dhaka, has been left completely cut offfrom the mainland for a month by flesh floods that have batteredthe entire region recently.

The islanders have said that the powerful floods have washedaway almost everything.

Scores of flood-displaced families were forced to move to highergrounds on the island this week as they await relief supplies fromboth the government and the non-governmental organizations.

The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society with support from theInternational Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies,among other organizations, has been continuing its efforts tosupport the vulnerable people there.

Heavy flooding has left millions of people displaced in some 20districts in the northern part of the country adidas superstar rosse scontate , with Beribari Islandone of the worst affected areas in the region.

Rising water levels have almost submerged the entire island andmany residents have fled the devastation.

Flash floods overnight washed everything away, said Nasima, awoman in her 50s, while queuing up for emergency supplies.

"I have received relief materials from the Bangladesh RedCrescent Society and they've been a lifesaver. I received 15 kg ofrice, some lentil, sugar and other essentials adidas superstar blu scontate ," she said, addinghow grateful she was.

Forty-year old Foara has also been displaced by the flood.

"Thankfully the Red Crescent Society has been providing us withpurified water. This water is vital as its free of germs," shesaid.

Red Crescent Society volunteer Sujon Kumar Roy said they aredistributing relief materials to 130 families in need.

"We select the worst-affected flood victims and provide themwith relief support," the volunteer told Xinhua.

Another volunteer Fatima Parvin Nancy said they have also beensupporting the most vulnerable people in society who have beenhard-hit by the floods, with children, disabled people and pregnantwomen being given priority access to relief supplies.

Australian Tom Bamforth adidas superstar argento scontate , a shelter cluster coordinator with theInternational Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies(IFRC), who has been making immense contributions to the BangladeshRed Crescent Society's efforts to support the flood victims, saidit continues to be a very difficult situation here.

"The floods are devastating and the water's still rising. Peoplewe've talked to said they've had to walk through water up to theirnecks to get from one place to another," Bamforth said.

He said it will likely take a long time for the waters to godown.

"While everybody is struggling under the effects of the floods,the Red Crescent Society is doing a fantastic job in deliveringfood, purified water and providing other assistance adidas superstar oro scontate ," he said.

Matthew Marek, an American national, who also works for the IFRCsaid "I just visited one of the chars (islands).

He said volunteers there are distributing dry food rations to130 households.

"The volunteers have to take all of the emergency supplies byboat and identify the most vulnerable on the islands. The work theydo distributing supplies is as wonderful as it is humbling," hesaid.

Corinne Ambler, communications aid worker with the IFRC in Dhakafor the most recent flood operation, said they are working closelywith the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society to get aid as quickly aspossible to those who most need it.

She said the IFRC has already launched an emergency appeal tohelp around 100 adidas superstar bianche e nere scontate ,000 people affected by the monsoon-triggered floodsin Bangladesh.

"The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society has conducted emergencyoperations in 20 districts affected by flooding. Now we have movedinto the relief phase and are working in the five worst-hitdistricts," Ambler said, adding the IFRC has launched an appeal for4.7 million Swiss francs (about 5 million U.S. dollars) to assistthe worst-affected people in Bangladesh.

"So far we have raised 85,000 Swiss francs (about 90,000 U.S.dollars) and another 940,000 Swiss francs (about 996 adidas superstar nere e bianche scontate ,000 U.S.dollars) has been pledged," she said.

The government has said in total around 8.6 million people havebee.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Neal Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: